My aims and goals throughout my time doing my postgraduate study
- Understand the changing role of the curator
- What is critical theory?
- Research methodologies and how to think & write like an academic
- Learn the methods for analysis and evaluation
- Delve into the nature of collecting and the influence of collecting on curatorial practice
- Private collectors… who / why/ what?
- Research the archiving and management of historical and contemporary collections
- Understand engagement & audiences
- Study a live project…
- Get lost in current discourse and critical debate
- Explore how different curatorial approaches reach particular audiences
- Do I focus on a text or practice based final task?
- How do you look at historical or archival case studies
- See if I can curate an exhibition in a hypothetical venue…
Hoare, AJ. (2017). Corsham Court. [photograph] (AJ Hoare’s own collection).